The Greek Evangelical Church of New York was founded by Ioannis Xenides, who came to New York on October 4, 1915 and who ministered initially with the New York City Mission Society. Xenides ministered the Greek Evangelicals until 1946.
Stavros Lazarides was invited to minister the church and in November of 1946, the Greek Evangelical Church was organized with 6 elders. It became independent from the New York City Mission Society and held their worship services at Christ Presbyterian Church in Manhattan. Stavros Lazarides continued to minister the church until his death in 1972.
Around 1966, Argos Zodhiates, a man of vision and brother of Spyros Zodhiates, who was president of the international mission AMG (Advancing the Ministries of the Gospel), started evangelistic meetings on Sunday evenings in another church building. He ministered the church until 1970 and for 2 years the church was ministered by Argos and Spyros Zodhiates as well as Kostas Kounadis, who was invited by AMG for evangelistic ministry among the Greeks.
Kostas Kounadis became the pastor of the church which became incorporated in 1976. From 1981 to 1993 there was preaching of the Gospel through a radio program named Jessy Stellas and Stavros Marmarinos through which many heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Kostas Kounadis served the church until his retirement in 1998.
In 1998, Pavlos Dimitriadis was invited as a pastor of the church and returned to Greece in July 2010 after 12 years of faithful ministry. Our current elders are Petros Dimitriadis and Michalis Banis and our new pastor, since September 2010, is Tim Coomar.